Additional Browser Extensions
- Create an IE save quotation extension.
- Create an Opera save quotation extension.
- Create a Safari save quotation extension.
- Create a Firefox save quotation extension.
User Visible Features
- Make much more mobile friendly.
- Support undo and redo.
- Support browsing of edit history.
- Support placing images into notes and quotations.
- Support dragging images into notes and quotations.
- Support dragging text into notes and quotations.
- Support dragging video into notes and quotations.
- Support subscribing to the server for real-time notification of changes.
- Support extraction of trees of notes for publication as a document.
- Support styling notes with additional data and actions for chapters, questions, answers, feedback and todos.
- Enable commenting and voting on notes.
- Support notification to other users with embedded @ in notes.
- Support categorization with embedded @#tags in notes.
- Add the capability to favorite notes.
- Support quoting on web sites that disable copy and paste.
- Add the concept of domains of research.
- Show quotations in the context of the quoted source.
- Spell checking of the text of notes.
- Track the number of views each quotation and note receives.
- Enable the user to see the list of notes they viewed most recently.
- Enable the user to specify if a note is publicly readable/editable.
- Enable the user to see the most popular public notes.
- Enable the user to see the most popular of their public notes.
- Enable the user to search all public notes.
- Enable the user to search all public notes from another person.
- Enable the user to specify if a note is readable/editable by a group of people or individuals.
- Enable the user to specify if a note is publicly editable or other users can create relationships to it.
- Add the capability to annotate the author and creation times of sources.
- Add the capability to annotate the author and creation times of quotations (for the case where a source is by multiple authors).
- Importing and exporting in more formats, perhaps: nested JSON (currently the JSON format is flat), XML, CSV and/or OPML.
- Searching within a subtree.
- Support creating quotations and quotations through the web site rather than through a browser extension.
- Support moving quotations to another source.
- Support copying, cutting and pasting of entries.
- Support icons and shortcuts for making text bold or italic.
- Search underneath any notebook or note.
- Add the capability to specify the parent of a quotation through the Chrome extension.
- Add the capability to create sources rather than just through the Chrome extension.
- Create a join siblings command merges adjoining notes into a single note.
- Create a split siblings command that adds a new parent that is the next sibling of the parent.
- Create a split siblings command that makes all next siblings children of the note.
- Create a command that moves a note to be the first or last child of its parent.
- Support searching for a parent note of a new note in the create a new note popup.
- Support moving notes to be children of a parent by searching for the parent.
- Prevent creating quotations of the CrushPaper web site. These links and titles can be very confusing.
- Support Ctrl+arrow moving of non contiguous notes.
- Support SEO friendly URLs and HTML titles for notes.
- Support cloning of public and private notebooks. If a visitor sees one they like they should be able to clone or fork it.
- When public notebooks are requested by web crawlers the full depth should be returned.
- Web crawlers should be blocked from requesting individual notes rather than notebooks.
- Support viewing and editing different sections of a notebook in different panes at the same time.
- URLs in notes and quotations should automatically become links.
- Persist failed requests locally in the web browser's storage for later retry.
- Record all write operations in a transaction log and assign IDs.
- Creation of HTTP interface tests.
- Creation of pixel perfect browser tests.
- Create a testing tool that can rerun the transaction log.
- Make all functionality accessible through the JSON HTTP API.
- Ability to delete an account and all related contented (currently accounts may only be closed to prevent further sign in).
- User metrics: users that have the most entries, users that have made the most changes.
- Current usage information: Users who are currently signed in. Users who have most recently created or modified data.
Try CrushPaper for free without creating an account!
Or watch the Demo Movie