The components of the system are:
The Chrome Extension
- This extension has the capability to save quotations by sending them over HTTP or HTTPS to the CrushPaper server.
- It does not have read access to any information stored on the server.
- Quotations can be created by:
- right clicking selected text within a web page and choosing the CrushPaper Quote Source action, or by
- selected text within a web page and clicking the CrushPaper Quote Source browser action on the right of the URL bar.
- This extension is configured with the URL of the CrushPaper Server.
The CrushPaper GUI
- Anything that can be done to the CrushPaper server can be done through this GUI.
The CrushPaper Server
- This is a Java application. It is packaged as a single executable JAR file with all of its dependencies to make it easy to install, configure and run.
- It is a relatively simple application that uses Jetty as its embedded HTTP server and is configured with a simple properties file.
The CrushPaper Database
- The database technology is the H2 database.
- CrushPaper can be run with the H2 database external to or embedded within the CrushPaper server.
- This enables CrushPaper to leverage H2's built-in clustering and replication functionality.
Try CrushPaper for free without creating an account!
Or watch the Demo Movie